Jack Marshman pulled from UFC London card

Just two days before the event, UFC London is down to 11 fights.

Jack Marshman was due to face Brad Scott in a preliminary card bout but was today removed from the card by the UFC for medical reasons.

The fight was set to be the 28-year-old Welshman’s UFC welterweight debut.

The UFC confirmed the news with in following statement earlier today.

“Based on advice from the UFC medical team on Thursday evening, Jack Marshman was deemed not fit to fight and his bout against Brad Scott has been cancelled,” UFC officials said in a statement.”

It is believed that Marshman’s medical issues stem from problems cutting weight down to welterweight. Both he and Scott previously competed in the UFC at middleweight.

Marshman’s manager, Graham Boylan, confirmed to MMA Fighting that he hoped the fight would be rescheduled in the future.

“As with all athletes the weight cut is something that can go wrong no matter how experienced you are in this game,” Boylan said. “Hopefully we can get this fight rescheduled ASAP. He’s not the first and he won’t be the last. These things happen all we can do is learn from it. Jack would like to send his apologies to Brad and the fans.”

With Marshman vs Scott removed from the card, UFC London will go ahead with an 11 fight card.

 

One thought on “Jack Marshman pulled from UFC London card

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s