After picking up two consecutive wins since dropping to lightweight, Sage Northcutt (10-2-0) is heading back to welterweight.
Over the last few months Northcutt has been hinting on social media that he was planning to head back to welterweight, posting photos which show a dramatic increase in his physique. After posting photos of his transformation on Instagram, the 22-year-old joked that he had gained 25lbs and suddenly received an impromptu visit from the UFC’s anti-doping partner, USADA.
This evening, the UFC confirmed that “Super” Sage would indeed be competing at 170lbs in his next fight, with his opponent being Milwaukee native Zak Ottow (16-5-0).
Northcutt has twice previously competed at 170lbs in the UFC, first against Bryan Barberena at UFC on FOX 18 and then against Micky Gall at UFC on Fox 22. Both fights ended with the Texas native losing via submission, the only two losses on his professional record.
His opponent Zak Ottow, has alternated wins and loses since earning a split decision victory in his UFC debut against Josh Burkman back in 2016. The 31-year-old hasn’t fought since an impressive first round stoppage win against Mike Pyle at UFC 222 and will be looking to put together consecutive wins for the first time in his UFC career.
UFC Fight Night 133 will take place on Saturday 14th July 2018 in Boise, Idaho and will be headlined by a heavyweight contest featuring the return of Junior Dos Santos (18-5-0) following his USADA suspension. Dos Santos will be welcomed back by UFC newcomer and former WSOF heavyweight champion Blagoi Ivanov (16-1-0)
UFC Boise Fight Card
- Junior Dos Santos vs Blagoi Ivanov (Heavyweight)
- Sage Northcutt vs Zak Ottow (Welterweight)
- Cat Zingano vs Marion Reneau (Bantamweight)
- Paul Felder vs James Vick (Lightweight)
- Chad Mendes vs Myles Jury (Featherweight)
- Darren Elkins vs Alexander Volkanovski (Featherweight)
- Justin Scoggins vs Said Nurmagomedov (Flyweight)
- Liz Carmouche vs Jennifer Maia (Flyweight)
- Dennis Bermudez vs Rick Glenn (Featherweight)
- Eddie Wineland vs Alejandro Perez (Bantamweight)
- Kurt Holobaugh vs Raoni Barcelos (Featherweight)
- Niko Price vs Randy Brown (Welterweight)
- Jessica Aguilar vs Jodie Esquibel (Strawweight)
- Mark De La Rosa vs Elias Garcia (Bantamweight)