8th December 2018, Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Canada – UFC 231 is set to go down and has been highly anticipated for the technical quality of the main card.
In the main event, featherweight champion Max Holloway (19-3 MMA, 15-3 UFC) will defend his featherweight title, as well as his 12 fight winning streak against unbeaten challenger Brian Ortega (14-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC). Holloway, who faced questions about whether he would make weight heading into the event, was 144.5 pounds. Ortega was a quarter-pound more at 144.75.
In the co-feature, Valentina Shevchenko (15-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) takes on former women’s strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk (14-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) for the vacant women’s flyweight title. Shevchenko was well under at 1235.5 pounds, as was Jedrzejczyk at 123.75.
MMAMotion will be live on Twitter with all of the play-by-plays and the results will be updated below as they happen. Give us a follow and join the conversation.
- Max Holloway def. Brian Ortega via Doctor’s Stoppage (Round 4)
- Valentina Shevchenko def. Joanna Jedrzejczyk via Unanimous Decision (49-46 x3)
- Gunnar Nelson def. Alex Oliveira via 2nd Round Submission (RNC)
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Kyle Bochniak via Split Decision (29-28 x2)
- Thiago Santos def. Jimi Manuwa via 2nd Round KO
- Nina Ansaroff def. Claudia Gadelha via Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
- Jessica Eye def. Katlyn Chookagian via Split Decision (29-28 x2)
- Elias Theodorou def. Eryk Anders via (Split Decision 29-28 x2)
- Gilbert Burns def. Olivier Aubin-Mercier via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
- Aleksandar Rakic def. Devin Clark via Round 1 TKO
- Brad Katona def. Matthew Lopez via Third Round Submission (RNC)
- Dhiego Lima def. Chad Laprise via Round 1 KO
- Diego Ferreira def. Kyle Nelson via Round 2 TKO