Saturday 15th December 2018, Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – the UFC touches down tonight in Wisconsin tonight for a rematch in the UFC lightweight division between surging lightweight, Kevin Lee and hard-nosed Long Island scrapper, Al Iaquinta.
We will have four fights on our main card with a feature co-main event between Brazilian striker Edson Barboza and Austrailian prospect, Dan Hooker.
Six exciting fights on the FS1 prelims, and two fights on Fight Pass. The Fight Pass prelims will start at 4pm, FS1 prelims at 5pm, and the main card on FOX at 8pm ET.
The card is as follows and the results along with play-by-play coverage will be covered over on the @MMA_Motion Twitter account:
- Al Iaquinta (14-4-1) def. Kevin Lee (17-4) via UD (48-47, 48-47, 49-46)
- Edson Barboza (20-6) def. Dan Hooker (17-8) via KO in round 3
- Rob Font (16-4) def. Sergio Pettis (17-5) via UD (30-27 x3)
- Charles Oliveira (25-8) 1 NC def. Jim Miller (29-13) 1 NC via Submission in round 1 (Rear Naked Choke)
Prelims: Fox Sports 1
- Zak Ottow (17-6) def. Dwight Grant (8-2) via SD (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Drakkar Klose (10-1-1) def. Bobby Green (24-9-1) via UD (29-28 x3)
- Joaquim Silva (11-2) def. Jared Gordon (14-3) via KO in round 3
- Zak Cummings (22-6) def. Trevor Smith (15-9) via UD (29-28 x3)
- Jack Hermansson (18-4) def. Gerald Meerschaert (28-10) via Submission in round 1 (Guillotine)
- Dan Ige (10-2) def. Jordan Griffin (17-6) via UD (29-28 x3)
Early Prelims: Fight Pass
- Mike Rodriguez (10-3) def. Adam Milstead (8-3) 1 NC via TKO in round 1
- Juan Adams (5-0) def. Chris de la Rocha (5-3) via TKO in round 3
It is nearly time for the fights and we have last minute predictions to help you beat the bookies. Following last weeks success rate of over 65% and 5 exact picks, including the main event, we aim to give you another week of exceptional profit.
Main Event: Kevin Lee vs Al Iaquinta.
Taking place short of 5 years after their first meeting, Kevin Lee takes on Al Iaquinta in a pivitol lightweight match up, more so for the ‘Motown Phenom’, as he aims to get himself right in the middle of the title picture. In the first bout, Iaquinta was victorious in what was an extremely close decision victory. While it was Lee’s first fight inside the octagon, he did show extreme promise with an impressive display, despite loss at only 21 years old. While Iaquinta did eventually come out on top, Lee did spend a large portion of round 2 behind Raging Al’s back, threatening a finish.
I believe this second fight will be much much different. While Kevin Lee has grown leaps and bounds, Iaquinta, I believe is still largely the same fighter he was in 2014. Although showing a good performance against Khabib, he still was beaten comfortably in the end. I believe the road to victory here is clear. Lee will out grapple Iaquinta and look for his back where he will get the RNC. Iaquinta I believe does not have the advantage in any area of this fight, however, he will have the required power to put Lee’s lights out. Unless Iaquinta is able to land a huge punch on Lee, I see him being out grappled and submitted.
Kevin Lee def Iaquinta via Submission (Round 4)
Other main card picks:
- Edson Barboza def. Dan Hooker via Decision.
- Rob Font def. Sergio Pettis via TKO (Round 3)
Charles Oliveira def. Jim Miller via Submission (Round 2)
Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Dwight Grant def. Zak Ottow via TKO (Round 3)
- Drakkar Klose def Bobby Green via Dec
- Jared Gordon def. Jaoquim Silva via Dec.
- Zak Cummings def. Trevor Smith via Sub (Round 3)
- Gerald Meershchaert def Jack Hermansson via TKO (Round 2)
- Dan Ige def. Jordan Griffin via Decision
Fight Pass Prelims
- Adam Milstead def. Mike Rodriguez via Decision.
- Zak Cummings def. Trevor Smith via Decision
- Juan Adams def. Chris De La Rocha via TKO (Round 1)
The UFC is working towards adding an intriguing strawweight contest to UFC Lincoln with former Invicta champion Angela Hill (8-4-0) set to take on Alexa Grasso (10-2-0) when the promotion visits Nebraska later this year.
Sources cited by MMAWeekly confirmed that both fighters had verbally agreed to the contest and it now appears that Hill has signed on the dotted line, with the 30-year-old posting an image of a signed bout agreement on Twitter on Friday evening.
Continue reading “News: UFC targeting Alexa Grasso vs Angela Hill for UFC Lincoln”