Saturday 22nd September – Ibirapuera Gymnasium, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
In the main event, Thiago “Marreta” Santos (18-6) makes the jump to light heavyweight for the first time to take on Eryk Anders (11-1) at short notice after Jimi Manuwa pulled out with an injury last week. In the co-main event, we will see the Brazilian Cowboy, Alex Oliveira take on Carlo Pedersoli Jr in a welterweight scrap.
The card also features Randa Markos, “Smilin” Sam Alvey and Chase Sherman looking to upset the Brazilian applecart with wins over the natives.
We will bring you all of the action as it happens over on the MMAMotion Twitter page (@MMA_Motion), and all of the official results will be updated in real time below. Give us a follow and join us for the ride.
- Thiago Santos def. Eryk Anders via TKO (stoppage) at 5:00 of R3
- Alex Oliveira def. Carlo Pedersoli via KO (punches) at :39 of R1
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira def. Sam Alvey via KO (punches) at 1:00 of R2
- Andre Ewell def. Renan Barao via split decision (29-28, 28-28, 29-28)
- Randa Markos and Marina Rodriguez fight to majority draw (29-28, 28-28, 28-28)
- Charles Oliveira def. Christos Giagos via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:22 of R2
- Francisco Trinaldo def. Evan Dunham via KO (knee to the liver) at 4:10 of R2
- Ryan Spann def. Luis Henrique via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Augusto Sakai def. Chase Sherman via TKO (strikes) at 4:03 of R3
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Sergio Moraes def. Ben Saunders via submission (arm triangle choke) at 4:42 of R2
- Mayra Bueno Silva def. Gillian Robertson via submission (armbar) at 4:55 of R1
- Thales Leites def. Hector Lombard via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos def. Luigi Vendramini via KO (strikes) at 1:20 of R2
- Livia Souza def. Alex Chambers via submission (mounted guillotine) at 1:21 of R1
The UFC returns to Sao Paolo, Brazil, this Saturday for UFC Fight Night 137 and MMAMotion staff have made their picks to help you attempt to make some bank from the bookies. Continue reading “Staff Picks: UFC Fight Night 137 – Santos vs. Anders”
It has been a tough four years for former bantamweight champion Renan Barao. Since he was convincingly beaten by T.J. Dillashaw back in 2014 to lose his gold, he has lost four out of his six contests. Back in front of his native Brazilian crowd in this week’s UFC Sao Paulo event, the American Top Team fighter is looking to snap a two-fight skid against Andre Ewell. Continue reading “Report: Renan Barao misses weight by five pounds ahead of UFC Sao Paulo”
The UFC will be hoping that the third time is the charm when it comes to thks weekend’s UFC Sao Paulo main event.
Originally slated as a long overdue meeting between England’s Jimi Manuwa (17-4-0) and veteran light heavyweight Glover Teixera (27-7-0), UFC matchmakers were forced to call upon Thiago Santos (18-6-0) as a late replacement when Teixera fell victim to a shoulder injury.
Continue reading “News: “Truly gutted” Jimi Manuwa releases statement following withdrawal from UFC Sao Paulo main event”
Jimi “Poster Boy” Manuwa was scheduled to fight the ever-fleeing Glover Teixeira at UFC Sao Paulo on September 22nd but Teixeira had to withdraw from the fight due to a shoulder injury leaving the fifth-ranked light heavyweight without a dancing partner for the main event. Continue reading “News: Jimi Manuwa had to be persuaded to take Santos fight”
It is now confirmed that Thiago “Marreta” Santos (18-6) will move up to light heavyweight from middleweight to replace the injured Glover Teixeira against Jimi “Posterboy” Manuwa (17-4) in the main event at UFC Fight Night 137, Sao Paulo, Brazil on the 22nd September. Continue reading “Report: Thiago Santos to fill in against Jimi Manuwa at UFC Sao Paulo”