Yoel Romero crushes Luke Rockhold with an overhand right @ UFC 221 on February 10th
Kevin Wirth gives Isaiah Gutierrez the Shawn Michaels treatment @ LFA 33 on February 16th, 2018
Alan Jouban knocks out Ben Saunders @ UFC Fight Night: Orlando on February 24th
Curtis Millender ends Thiago Alves’ night with a knee @ UFC Fight Night: Austin on February 18th
Cowboy Cerrone finishes Yancy Medeiros @ UFC Fight Night: Austin on February 18th
Thiago Santos downs Anthony Smith with a body kick then finishes him off with punches @ UFC Fight Night: Belem on February 3rd
Curtis Millender ends Nick Barnes night with a head kick @ LFA 30 on January 12th
Ryan Spann flatlines Alex Nicholson @ LFA 32 on January 26th
Mirsad Bektic crumples Godofredo Pepey with brutal body shot @ UFC Fight Night: Charlotte on January 27th
Jacare Souza ends Derek Brunson’s night with a head kick and punches @ UFC Fight Night: Charlotte on January 27th
Abdul Razak Alhassan knocks Sabah Homasi out cold with an uppercut @ UFC 220 on January 20th
Aaron Pico finishes Shane Krutchen with a body shot @ Bellator 192 on January 20th
Jeremy Stephens stops Doo Ho Choi @ UFC Fight Night: St. Louis on January 14th
Helen Peralta makes Jade Ripley do the zombie @ Invcita FC 27 on January 13th
Saturday, October 13th – Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, California
The light heavyweight and lightweight playoffs are on tap this weekend for PFL‘s inaugural first season. The quarter-finals will only be 2 rounds, no elbows are to be thrown and if it is a draw, whoever won the first round will advance to the semis. #1 seeds Vinny Magalhaes and Natan Schulte look to continue their dominance on their quest for 1 million dollars.
The fights kick off on Facebook Watch @ 6:45PM ET/3:45PM PT and continue with the main card on NBCSN @ 9:00PM ET/6:00PM PT. You can stream the preliminaries here.
Main Card (NBCSN 9:00PM ET/6:00PM PT)
- Light Heavyweight Semi-Final bout: #1 Vinny Magalhaes def. #4 Bozigit Ataev via submission (kimura) 1:58 of round 1
- Lightweight Semi-Final bout: #1 Natan Schulte def. #4 Chris Wade via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Light Heavyweight Semi-Final bout: #6 Sean O’Connell def. #7 Smealinho Rama via KO (punches) 1:45 of round 1
- Lightweight Semi-Final bout: #7 Rashid Magomedov def. #6 Thiago Tavares via TKO (punches) 3:36 of round 2
- Light Heavyweight Quarter-Final bout: #1 Vinny Magalhaes def. #8 Rakim Cleveland via submission (kimura) 1:20 of round 1
- Lightweight Quarter-Final bout: #1 Natan Schulte def. #8 Johnny Case via majority draw (20-18, 19-19, 19-19)
- Light Heavyweight Quarter-Final bout: #4 Bogizit Ataev def. #5 Emiliano Sordi via TKO (punches) 1:43 of round 1
- Lightweight Quarter-Final bout: #4 Chris Wade def. #5 Robert Watley via majority decision (19-19, 20-18, 20-18)
Preliminary Card (Facebook Watch 6:45PM ET/3:45PM PT)
- Light Heavyweight Quarter-Final bout: #6 Sean O’Connell def. #3 Dan Spohn via majority decision (19-19, 20-18, 20-18)
- Lightweight Quarter-Final bout: #3 Islam Mamedov def. #6 Thiago Tavares via unanimous decision (20-18, 20-18, 20-18)
- Light Heavyweight Quarter-Final bout: #7 Smealinho Rama def. #2 Maxim Grishin via majority draw (20-18, 19-19, 19-19)
- Lightweight Quarter-Final bout: #7 Rashid Magomedov def. #2 Will Brooks via unanimous draw (19-19, 19-19, 19-19)
- Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Halsey def. Ronny Markes via unanimous decision (20-18, 20-18, 20-18)
- Lightweight bout: Ramsey Nijem def. Yuki Kawana via unanimous decision (19-18, 19-18, 19-18)
The PFL inaugural regular season ended last night, and if you’re a fan of 1st round finishes, this was the card for you. The fighter showcase bouts previewed some new talent for next season and the newcomers looking to score a finish to get in the playoffs didn’t disappoint. Here’s some of the fights that stood out.
Continue reading “Recap & Highlights: PFL 7 – PFL’s regular season comes to a close with some can’t-miss 1st round finishes”
Thursday, August 30th 2018 – Ocean Resort Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey
The Professional Fighters League’s inaugural season comes to a close tonight in Atlantic City. PFL will conclude their regular season before moving on to the playoffs in October with a light heavyweight main event. Continue reading “Live Results – PFL 7: Rama Vs. Abdallah”
I had the privilege of speaking to PFL heavyweight Kelvin Tiller this past week. One of the most exciting and surprising fighters in the PFL tournament. I spoke to ‘The Mama’s Boy’ about what drives him to fight and how he got there along with what the future holds for him as he enters the semi-finals.
Richard Ferraina: Hey Kelvin, how are you? I’m glad I was able to snag you for an interview because you’ve been one of the most exciting fighters to watch in this PFL tournament right now. First thing, I wanted to bring up your nickname ‘The Mama’s Boy’. I resonate with that because I’m very close with my mother as well. Continue reading “Exclusive: An interview with PFL’s Kelvin Tiller”
The second round of PFL‘s featherweight and heavyweight fights went down last night. Lance Palmer, who stopped Bekbulat Magomedov for the first time in his career in the first round, took on Jumabieke Tuerxun in the main event while Andre Harrison, who won a decision against Tuerxun in the first round, faced first round winner Nazareno Malegarie.
Continue reading “Recap & Highlights: PFL 4 – Palmer and Harrison dominate while Siler, Tiller and Barroso keep the underdog spirit alive”
Thursday, July 19th 2018, Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York
It’s almost playoff time for the PFL! The second set of fights at featherweight and heavyweight go off tonight, and it’s crucial that the fighters get finishes early and often if they want to advance in the standings. Here’s the breakdown: 6 points for a first round finish, 5 points for a second round finish, 4 points for a third round finish and 3 points for a decision win, and here are the current standings:
Continue reading “Live Results – PFL 4: Palmer Vs. Tuerxun”
Let me start by saying that I love what Professional Fighters League has done with these first two events. PFL1 delivered in every way for me, especially with all the highlight real finishes. PFL2 was just a tad below that bar but only because we saw of a couple of bizarre finishes. I think this format is better for the fighters, it keeps them happy and hungry, which make for good fights. I also praise the commentary team, especially Yves Edwards, he’s extremely knowledgeable on the mic and that makes it easier for the viewer to watch.
Below, I’ve picked out a few of the fights and performances which stood out for me.
Continue reading “News: Brooks gets back to his winning ways, Kayla Harrison shines in debut – PFL2 Recap & Highlights”
Thursday, June 21st 2018, Chicago Theatre in Chicago, Illinois
The newly rebranded WSOF, Professional Fighters League, kicked off two Thursdays ago, and the second event of the promotion featuring lightweights and light heavyweights is tonight in Chicago. Luiz Firmino and former Bellator champion and UFC vet Will Brooks will serve as the headliner, Kayla Harrison will also make her much anticipated MMA debut.
Continue reading “PFL2: Firmino Vs. Brooks – Live Results”