Prior to the ceremonial weigh-ins, the UFC held their seasonal press conference to announce the fights coming up in 2018.
Yes, you read the title correctly, at UFC 229 in Las Vegas the current UFC lightweight champion Khabib Numagomedov will face off against “The Notorious Conor Mcgregor on October 6th.
In an action-packed press conference, also seeing the first face-off between welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and Darren Till which is due to go down on September 8th at UFC 228.
Other high-profile fights include a stand-up banger between Dustin Poirier and Stockton’s Nate Diaz, and also Derek Brunson vs. an inform and talented Israel Adesanya. The full list can be found below:
- Justin Gaethje vs James Vick (Aug 25th) UFC Fight Night
- Tyron Woodley vs Darren Till (Sep 8th) UFC 228
- Nicco Montana vs Valentina Shevchenko (Sep 8th) UFC 228
- Jimi Manuwa vs Glover Teixeira (Sep 22nd) UFC Fight Night
- Volkan Oezdemir vs Anthony Smith (Oct 27th) UFC Fight Night
- Dustin Poirier vs Nate Diaz (Nov 3rd) UFC 230
- Derek Brunson vs Israel Adesanya (Nov 3rd) UFC 230
- Donald Cerrone vs Mike Perry (Nov 10th) UFC Fight Night
- Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov (Oct 6th) UFC 229