Thousands of Moroccan fans gathered at the Tanja Marina Bay, for the Brave 14 weigh-in ceremony. The fight fans were welcomed by their local hero Ottman Azaitar, who takes on Danijel Kokora in the main event of the fight card, set for tomorrow, August 18th.
All the fighters made weight aside from USA’s Sidney Wheeler, coming in half a kilogram too heavy. However, that didn’t stop him from staring Abdoul down when that came face to face. Bothered by the American’s antics, Abdouraguimov pushed him as things got heated. Brave president Mohammed Shahid had to step in and separate both fighters.
The main event will feature Morocco’s Ottman Azaitar facing Danijel Kokora from Serbia in a welterweight matchup. Ottman Azaitar was the clear crowd favourite and received a huge ovation from the cheering fans.
The co-main event will feature Jeremy Kennedy facing Danyel Pilo in the featherweight division. Arnold Quero was greeted by hometown supporters against a fierce Felipe Efrain. Sean Santella and Velimurad Alkhasov faced off and will ensure the ultimate test between a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu specialist and a Combat Sambo World Champion.
Joey Berkenbosch stepped in to replace Diego Gonzalez to face Ikram Aliskerov in a middleweight matchup. The undercard features, Jeremy Pacatiw facing Keith Lee in the bantamweight division. Pacatiw will become the fighter with the most number of fights in the promotion with 6 fights after Brave 14. The other fights include Artur Guseynov facing Tarek Suleiman in a catchweight bout and Djamil Chan facing the former lightweight title contender, Pato Martinez in a lightweight bout.
The full Brave 14 weigh-in results:
- Welterweight: Ottman Azaitar (72,8 kg) x Danijel Kokora (72,8 kg)
- Featherweight: Jeremy Kennedy (66 kg) x Danyel Pilò (66,2 kg)
- Welterweight: Sidney Wheeler (78,1 kg)* x Abdoul Abdouraguimov (77,5 kg)
- Bantamweight: Felipe Efrain (61,4 kg) x Arnold Quero (61,7 kg)
- Flyweight: Velimurad Alkhasov (57 kg) x Sean Santella (57 kg)
- Catchweight: Ikram Aliskerov (85,9 kg) x Joey Michael Berkenbosch (85,7 kg)
- Bantamweight: Keith Lee (61,7 kg) x Jeremy Pacatiw (61,7 kg)
- Catchweight: Artur Guseinov (85,1 kg) x Tarek Suleiman (85,1 kg)
- Lightweight: Djamil Chan (70,7 kg) x Alejandro “Pato” Martínez (70,5 kg)
*Didn’t make weight, will be fined
Brave 14 marks the first time a global MMA promotion will hold a fight card in Africa. The event will be broadcast worldwide through Combate (Brazil), FloCombat (USA), FiteTV (USA, Canada, Australia, UK), StarSat (Africa), Vodacom (South Africa), AD Sports (Middle East & North Africa) and B1B (Bulgaria). Other locations can watch the groundbreaking show on Brave TV at http://www.bravefights.com/brave-tv.