It is nearly time for the fights and we have last minute predictions to help you beat the bookies. Following previous weeks with success rate of over 60% on average we aim to give you another week of bank.
Main Event: Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson
After 5 long years, finally we finally get the rematch to what was not only fight of the year, but one of the greatest fights of all time.
Jones is coming back after over a year layoff following a failed drug test after his win against Daniel Cormier.
Coming in to this one, Jones is a decent sized favourite, and rightly so, considering he won the first fight. However, not everyone believes he should have.
Jonesseems to show up to the biggest fights and this is certainly one of them. There was much debate as to how hard he actually trained for the first fight but there is no question as to whether he will take this one serious. Both fighters will possess the same skills as before but I believe that Gustafsson has much better striking than before. Unless his takedown defence is significatly worse and can’t stop jones from outgrappling him, I believe Gus has a serious chance of winning this fight.
If Jones is not on his game there could be a serious upset, and im calling it. I see Gustafsson outpointing jones in a razor close split decision.
Prediction: Gustafsson via Decision
Co-main Event: Cyborg vs. Nunes
In my opinion Nunes is being completely overlooked in this fight and maybe its justifued – Nunes has power, Cyborg has more. Nunes has speed, Cyborg has more.
However, I strongly believe that Nunes possesses a sizeable advantage in the grappling department. I have noticed in Cyborgs previous fights that she has has problems when in grappling exchanges. She got dominated early on in the clinch by Holm and she was taken down easily against Kunitskaya.
I honestly believe that Nunes will aim to dominate Cyborg in the grappling ages, tire her out and outpoint her to a reasonably comfortable decision win. I could end up with egg on my face but im willing to put my neck on the line.
Prediction: Nunes via Decision
Other main card picks:
- Michael Chiesa def. Carlos Condit via Submission (Round 2)
- Corey Anderson def. Ilir Latifi via Decision
- Chad Mendes def. Alexander Volkanovski via Decision.
Fox Sports 1 Prelims
- Walt Harris def. Andrei Arlovski via TKO (Round 2)
- Cat Zingano def. Megan Anderson via Decision
- Petr Yan def. Douglas Silva de Andrade via Decision
- Ryan Hall def. BJ Penn via Decision
Fight Pass Prelims
- Nathaniel Wood def. Andre Ewell via TKO (Round 2)
- Urijah Hall def. Bevon Lewis via TKO (Round 2)
- Curtis Millender via Siyar Bahadurzada via Decision
- Brian Kelleher def. Montel Jackson via Submission (Round 3)